Tuesday, October 04, 2005

University of California, Berkeley, Partners with Yahoo! to Create Digital Library

The Daily Californian, today, reports:

"With the digital support of Yahoo Inc., which will provide its search technology to the project, the materials are scheduled to be made available beginning in the spring of 2006 on the Open Content Alliance Web site, the global consortium building the archive.

"This program will allow UC Berkeley students and researchers to access material at the click of a mouse without having to search the stacks of Doe and Moffitt," said UC spokesperson Jennifer Ward. "It will also be a great convenience to the public, including high school students, who will have access to literature at the universities without having to find transportation to campus."

The literature will be available for download free of charge, opening the door to convenient public access to the historical documents."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

PubSub Co-Founder Bob Wyman to Speak at Web 2.0 Conference
PubSub, the essential prospective search tool for tracking what people are saying about the topics ... PubSub will launch Structured Blogging, a set of universal structured blogging formats designed to make it easier to publish and find information on the Web.
Took me awhile to find a good blog ...glad I came across yours. I like it a lot!

Sonny M.

I have a related site that focuses on elderly depression you may like too. It pretty much covers elderly depression related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Kim said...

Hi, It amazes me to find the quality content that can be found on blogs and yours is a perfect example.

I have a submit travel article site. It's pretty much a submit travel article related resource.

Come pay us a visit when you get time :-)

Anorexia said...

Hey, nice blog and great info!
Here's my new nursing article
site for people wanting information on nursing article
. This is the site to visit.
Come and check it out if you get time I would really appreciate it :-)

Richard K said...

Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a travel insurance site/blog. It pretty much covers travel insurance related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Tony said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Very interesting.

My web site content site has lots of info pertaining to web site content.

Come visit sometime :)

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. I have a blog with directory realted to your.
Check directory
Raymond
http://www.freearticlesearchdirectory.com

Beth said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Amy
My low cost life insurance Site

webhosting resellers said...

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BLOGGERSSSSSS..

I would like to tell everyone I know about a new web site for webhosting resellers... If you are looking on ways to mkae money starting a business and need a site to host it on . Visit http://webhost11.com/ Today